Thursday 3 June 2010

context poster - development


Initial A-format design for the poster. Same style as my idea for the cover of the pack, which although it was a typical "me" - first idea and run with it - the style suits my work and i want to transfer this across to create the series.

The above design doesn't really work as a layout for photos. the red boxes take too much away from each image when used as a border. It makes more sense if certain boxes are replaced by photos. Also i though the grid needed regimenting a bit.

I designed the above with the actual layout in mind. Each of the three rows have two columns with two portrait rectangles to represent images, with titles underneath. On the other spread, there is a title space and a box for two columns of text. I want to try to stay away from the dread A-format though i think. Just doesn't seem to interesting.

Aha! Half a portrait A2 sheet using the same layout idea as above. Basically just DPS's stacked on top of each other. I really like the idea of unusual formats, besides, it means i get two posters from each print this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment